The Flip Video (2.2 x 1.2 x 4.2 inches) records up to 120 minutes of video. It uses two AA batteries and is simple to operate with a power button on the side and a red record button in the center.
Canon Video camera
The Canon Vixia HFM40 camcorder records video on a 8GB memory card. Files can be downloaded onto a computer in a M4V format. The camera can run on rechargeable batteries for 125 minutes, or can be connected to an outlet with a power adapter. The camera has audio capability and features 1080p HD recording. A tripod and external microphone can be used when necessary.
Tripod can be used with video cameras as well as the point-and-shoot cameras.
Several tripods are available in the VRC to help with stabilizing a camera or camcorder. The tripods are adjustable and collapsible.
The Visual Resources Collection has various items for student use, besides images. All of these items must be signed out, and should be returned in the same condition that you received them. All items can be borrowed by the hour or overnight. Future Blog posts will focus on individual items, with pictures!!
- Point-and-Shoot Cameras. We have two Panasonics and one Nikon
- Video Cameras. We have two Canon Vixia digital video cameras
- Flip Video Cameras. Two hour maximum recording time; often used as a voice recorder
- Clear Plastic Sheets for scanning delicate drawings in the DOC scanner. Approx 22″ x 30″
- Dollies with Wheels. Tripods may be put on these.
- Photographic lights for model photography
- Flat panel TVs connected to Macmini computers. You may also connect your laptop to the TV
- LCD Projectors that connect to Laptops
- Laser Pointers
- Powerpoint Remotes
- Copystand with lights to photograph delicate drawings and very small models. Make an appointment to use this.