Akua Asa-Awuku, PhD
- UCR, Dept. Chemical and Environmental Engineering (Associate Adjunct)
- UMD, Dept. of Chemistry & Biochemistry
- UMD, Fischell Institute of Biomedical Devices
Curriculum Vitae: Asa-Awuku_CV.pdf (To be Posted)
- Tedx Talk
- Living the Promise
- Why Aerosols are Important?
- AAAS CSWEM Workshop
- Wired Magazine Article
- NuBond: Faces of Science Podcast
- Machine Learning Research Applications News Story
- Department of Education GAANN Graduate Fellowships
UMD Courses Taught:
CHBE 440 – Chemical Kinetics & Reactor Design – Fall 2016
- Fundamentals of chemical reaction kinetics and their application to the design and operation of chemical reactors. Reaction rate theory, homogeneous reactions and catalysis electrochemical reactions. Catalytic reactor design.
CHBE 410 – Statistics And Design Of Experiments – Fall 2017, Spring 2018
- An introduction to probability, statistics, and design of experiments for chemical engineers.
CHBE 472 – Control of Air Pollution Sources – Spring 2018, Spring 2019, Fall 2019
- Sources and effects of air pollutants, regulatory trends, atmospheric dispersion models, fundamentals of two-phase flow as applied to air pollution and air pollution control systems, design of systems for control of gases and particulate matter
ENCH 648C – Control Air Pollution Sources for Graduate Students – Spring 2018, 2019