Dr. Chung C. Fu is the Director of and Research Professor at the Bridge Engineering Software & Technology (BEST) Center, Department of Civil and Environmental Engineering at the University of Maryland, College Park.
Computer analysis and design; reinforced concrete, prestressed concrete, steel and FRP structural design, bridge engineering, bridge management, seismic engineering.
Honors and Awards
- Best Paper for paper “Study of the Serviceability of the Bridge during the Deck-Replacement Staged Construction,” ICTPA 2018, Guangzhou, China, June 14-16, 2018
- First prize for paper “Experiment and numerical modeling of prestressed concrete curved slab with spatial unbonded tendons” by Owell Prestressed Technology Development Foundation, Beijing, China, September, 2015
- Highly Commendable Paper Award, the First International Conference on Recent Advances in Concrete Technology, 2007
- ASCE Maryland Chapter Outstanding Educator of the Year Award for 2005
- Bechtel‘s Achievement Award, 1984, 1985, 1986
- Member, Sigma Xi
- Fellow, ASCE
- Marquis Who’s Who in Science and Engineering since 1995
- Service Awards from CCACC, 1993, 1996, from Li-Ming Chinese Academy, 1999
- Professional Engineers of Maryland, Virginia and Washington, D.C., 1979-present,
- Fellow of American Society of Civil Engineering (ASCE), 1999-present, Member, 1978-1999,
- Member of Society of SIGMA XI, 1978-present,
- Member of American Concrete Institute (ACI), 1989-present,
- Member and subcommittee chairman of ACI Committee 209 “Creep and Shrinkage”, 1990-present.
- Member of Transportation Research Board, 1998-present
- Member of American Institute of Steel Construction (AISC), 2003-present
- Member of Precast/Prestressed Concrete Institute (PCI), 2003-present