The 10th US National Combustion Meeting will be held at the College Park Marriott Hotel & Conference Center located on the campus of the University of Maryland at College Park.
Transportation to the Marriott Hotel on UMD Campus
The University of Maryland is located near Washington DC along the Baltimore-Washington corridor, and is served by 3 airports:
- BWI Thurgood Marshall Airport (BWI) located approximately 30 miles from campus
- Reagan National Airport (DCA) located approximately 20 miles from campus
- Dulles International Airport (IAD) located approximately 35 miles from campus.
For more information on directions as well as transportation options for air, train, bus, car and metrorail travel, visit the following links:
Parking at the Marriott Hotel on UMD Campus
Free parking is available on-site and is complimentary for hotel guests and commuters.
Link to a Map of the UMD Campus
Click here for a map of the campus (scroll to the left to see the Marriott Hotel & Conference Center)
Information on Metro Access to UMD Campus
WMATA recently announced that SafeTrack Surge #14 will include the complete closure of the College Park Metro Station from Saturday, April 15 through Saturday, April 29.
“Free shuttle buses will run between Greenbelt and Prince George’s Plaza with an intermediate stop at College Park. Green Line trains will run close to regular service elsewhere on the line, between Prince George’s Plaza and Branch Ave, every 6 to 8 minutes during rush hours.”
To help mitigate the inconvenience to the UMD community, the UMD Department of Transportation Services (DOTS) is providing the following services.
Running Special Metro Express Shuttle-UM Service from Prince George’s Plaza Metro Station
- Buses will run approximately every 6 – 12 minutes, weekdays only, beginning Monday, April 17 through Friday, April 28, 7:00am – 8:00pm. Timing between buses may be adjusted according to demand.
- This bus will stop at the following locations
- Stamp Student Union (Slip)
- Campus Drive and Library Lane
- Art/Sociology Building
- Campus Drive at Lot 3
- Prince George’s Plaza Metro Station Bus Bay C
- Campus Drive at UMUC Lot 19 (close to the College Park Marriott Hotel & Conference Center)
- University Methodist Church
- Anne Arundel Hall
- Dorchester Hall
- Special Metro Express Shuttle-UM Route Map
- To access Metro outside of these service hours, passengers will need to take Shuttle-UM Route 104 to the College Park Metro Station and use WMATA‘s free SafeTrack shuttle buses.
- Route 104 will continue to operate during the College Park Metro Closure, but on reduced schedule, with buses running approximately every 14 minutes during the weekday. Please use NextBus for real-time arrival information.