- Lisa S on Creating Accessible Course Spaces
- Adriane on Creating Accessible Course Spaces
- Megan C. on Classroom interactions & non-native english speakers: What can we do better?
- Raluca Rosca on Classroom interactions & non-native english speakers: What can we do better?
- Katherine on Classroom interactions & non-native english speakers: What can we do better?
Author Archives: srkram
This workshop, presented by Dr. Mark Brimhall-Vargas, Deputy Chief Diversity Officer, will discuss how to think about creating and/or evaluating a course for multicultural curriculum transformation, a process of change through examination of content, pedagogy, and assessment. This workshop will benefit anyone … Continue reading
When: Thursday, November 13, 2014 from 12:00 p.m. to 1:30 p.m. Where: Maryland Room (0100), Marie Mount Hall When designing a class many instructors do not always consider issues of accessibility. Creating a hospitable learning environment for everyone including students with disabilities is … Continue reading
“Why are they so quiet?” “Do they understand me?” “Is there something I can do to help them with language issues?” These questions are commonly asked by instructors across disciplines when non-native English speakers are present in their classes. To … Continue reading
The workshop aims to use constructive language to define the general demographics and characteristics of underrepresented populations in post-secondary education and encourage a move away from language that has intentional or unintentional negative connotations. The use of language and the … Continue reading