Warren Buffett’s Image on Cherry Coke Cans in China

Warren Buffett immortalized on Cherry Coke cans in China, while supplies last

warren_buffet_cherry_coke3.jpg

American billionaire and soda addict Warren Buffett is helping his favorite soft drink company gain a larger foothold in China by allowing his own likeness to adorn cans of Cherry Coke in the country.

Cherry Coke was launched on the Chinese mainland back on March 10th. To help build up more buzz for the syrupy sweet beverage, Coke says that special edition “Oracle of Omaha” cans will now be available during a promotional period and while supplies last.

“I can’t think of a better way to launch Cherry Coke than with its best-known fan on the package,” Coca-Cola Chairman and CEO Muhtar Kent said in a release. “It is an honor for us to be able to feature Warren on his favorite drink as it rolls out in one of the world’s most exciting and dynamic consumer markets.”

Thanks to his incredible business success, Buffett enjoys a large following in China. Last year, over 3,000 Chinese investors traveled to Omaha to attend his Berkshire Hathaway annual meeting, the Omaha World Herald reported. In 2015, a Chinese video game developer paid $2.3 million just to have lunch with Buffett.

warren_buffet_cherry_coke2.jpg

Though Chinese investors may want to emulate the 86-year-old billionaire’s financial success, they should probably not try to copy his drinking habits. “I’m one quarter Coca-Cola,” Buffett said in a 2015 interview with Fortune magazine. “If I eat 2700 calories a day, a quarter of that is Coca-Cola. I drink at least five 12-ounce servings. I do it everyday.”

The Washington Post estimates that from soda alone, each day Buffett consumes roughly 8 times the World Health Organization’s recommended daily sugar intake.

While Buffett’s body may be 25% Coke, he owns just a 9.3% stake in the company itself.

No Responses

1. aiscpa says:

“While Buffett’s body may be 25% Coke, he owns just a 9.3% stake in the company itself.” I laughed so hard when I read this. I love Buffet. He’s a true inspiration in both his personal life and his business life.