To apply for a Fellowship, students must:
Be enrolled in a graduate degree program at a university in Maryland and be on track to accumulate at least 15 course credits toward your degree by the beginning of Summer 2018.
Have a minimum GPA in graduate school of 3.3.
Submit a proposal for a summer research project that will contribute toward a M.S. or Ph.D. program related to water resources in Maryland. The proposal should include the following items:
- A cover letter certifying that you will work full time on your research project during Summer 2018 and that you will submit a 2-page progress report in September 2018
- A title page with 100-word Abstract
- A 2-page research description and plan (the abstract is on the separate title page, and not included in the 2 pp.)
- A 1-page resume
- A supporting letter from your research advisor
- An institutional cost-sharing agreement (letter) signed by an official authorized to commit the applicant to all or part of the matching share. The research advisor may contact the Center director for details on matching funds commitments.
The proposal should be submitted electronically as a single PDF document to Dr. Kaye Brubaker, kbru<at>umd.edu.
Arrange to have an official transcript sent to the MWRRC. If your institution can provide an electronic transcript, it should be sent to Dr. Kaye Brubaker, kbru<at>umd.edu. Hard copies can be mailed or hand-delivered to:
Maryland Water Resources Research Center
University of Maryland
1173 Glenn L. Martin Hall
4298 Campus Drive
College Park, MD 20742
Proposals and transcripts must be received by Friday, Dec. 22, 2017, 11:59 p.m.
Selection of awardees will be made in January based on a) evaluations of student’s record, b) strength of advisor’s recommendation, and c) prospects that the research will benefit our understanding and management of Maryland’s water resources.
Research completed during the summer Fellowship period should acknowledge the support of the Maryland Water Resources Research Center.