QUEST Students Soar Through Summer

Even though school isn’t in session over the summer, that doesn’t change the fact that QUEST students are always doing amazing things. This summer, 86% of QUEST sophomores and juniors participated in internships, while another 5% continued coursework or participated in research and another 5% had full-time jobs. The top companies to hire QUEST interns were Capital One, KPMG, and Meta (each with 5 students from QUEST). QUESTPress is excited to highlight two of our students and take a look back at their summers!

Amanda Liu, Cohort 37, Computer Science Major

Amanda spent her summer in New York City as a Software Engineering Intern at Meta. She shared, “I got to contribute to the open-source PyTorch framework, which was a really cool opportunity.” Amanda shared that the work environment at Meta was great, and she really enjoyed the people. She said, “Everyone I met was so helpful and friendly, and I learned so much from my team members and fellow interns. The office was also really nice and had fun perks like a gelato bar (pictured below), a game room, and a rooftop deck with an amazing view of the city.” Outside of her time at the office, she really enjoyed being able to explore New York City, especially the amazing food!

Jeremy Stein, Cohort 37, Accounting and Finance Double Major

Jeremy spent his summer in Israel through the program Onward Israel, which allows students from the United States to live in Israel over the summer and complete an internship with an Israeli company. Jeremy worked for the Robin Hood Israel Foundation, a charity organization that works to close gaps in Israel’s social and economic systems. During his time there, he shared, “I learned a lot about the charity industry and about international business. Working in another country was an invaluable experience because I was able to truly immerse myself into the culture and the economy of another country.” At the company, he specifically worked on gathering funding from the United States and United Kingdom. Outside of his internship, he got to experience all that Israel has to offer. He said, “I’ve been to Israel twice before this summer, but it was surreal going back and living there for over a two-month period.” 

These are just two of the many students in QUEST who did amazing things this summer and gained unique experiences! QUESTPress is excited that school is back in session, and can’t wait to see what this year brings for QUEST.