The Invader Zim Shirt Was Appropriate

As Andy already stated, I popped over to Joe’s this afternoon since I live so close to it and knew that he was going to be there. I have no experience with Adobe Bridge, so I wanted to see him import the keyword taxonomy. We ended up being there for around 1.5 hours and covered such topics as the taxonomy, our proposed folder structure, and our desire for a presentation to Joe’s staff about the progress that has been made, ideas for the future, and how they can help.

One of goals from the start has been to empower Sierra to make decisions related to past and future digital assets. She is the staff member who works the closest with them, but she has not been there for very long. When we first met her, we could tell that she was feeling overwhelmed by the chaos and that she did not feel empowered to take charge (for example, no one specifically tasked her with cleaning the mess up or directed her towards resources to show her how she might). However, we could also tell that newer files generated since her arrival were in better order than previous ones, so she was capable.

It was so nice to feel her genuine excitement as we were wrapping up today. You can tell that her head is above water and that she is enjoying being able to breathe easier (at least before whatever problems this new branch location might bring). It reminded me of being a teacher and the joy that I felt in seeing my students grow, partially due to my help. I like Sierra and I want to see her be happy and successful.

Aside: I have never seen someone react so positively to seeing a document related to file naming conventions (I found this artifact in their files from 2014; it was not produced in-house, but it is evidence that someone was at least thinking of the same kind of work that we are doing).