Spanish Food

Hey Everyone!

If you have been following my blog posts, you will know that I have been studying in Madrid, Spain this past semester. Having been here for about 4 months has forced me to step out of my comfort zone and try new things. One of these new things has been new food. I have never really been a picky eater however, I don’t like funky things or food that is not very common. Coming abroad, I told myself that I would learn to try new things because you never know if you will actually like something until you try it.

The main traditional dishes here are called tapas. Tapas are small plates of food. When one orders at a restaurant you’ll probably order around 5-6 for 3 people. I love this because you get to try a ton of food. When I’m out to eat, I’m always that annoying person who wants to try everyone’s dishes so this is perfect for me. They have a lot of different options to choose from, but the main dishes are: patatas bravas, croquetas, paella, and tomato toast. I love it so much!

I am definitely going to miss this amazing food. Here in Spain, not only do they have Spanish food, but you can find food from basically any other country in the city. Food prices also vary from restaurant to restaurant but it is for sure affordable. As for dessert, they have amazing churros. They serve you around 5 churros in a plate and give you a cup filled with hot thick chocolate. I am going to have to bring a lot home with me!

Mariana