Beautiful Parks in Ireland

Blackrock Park:

Blackrock park is about a 2 mile walk from UCD and it is beautiful. I used to walk here almost every day because I really enjoy taking walks and the scenery always makes me happy after a long day. I really like going here to reflect on my day. Since my internship is in the city centre, I spend time in a busy area all day, so it’s nice to see the quiet part, more suburban part of Dublin. I would recommend going here because it’s so peaceful and the amount go green here is really unique to anything I have before.

Milltown:

I came across Milltown accidentally when I was walking home one day. It’s just a suburban neighbourhood but there is a hill there and the scenery looks like it’s out of a movie. It’s one of those places that a picture can not capture the beauty of. I just go here whenever I want to sit or read a book. It’s a really nice place to go if you’re looking to relax.

Merrion Square Park:

The building my internship is located in is in an area called Merrion Square and there is a huge park in the middle. This is one of my favourite places because during lunch time, the park becomes completely full because everyone comes outside to enjoy their lunch and talk with their friends. It’s a really nice atmosphere and quite different from what we are used to in America where people tend to quickly eat their lunch and get back to work. I would recommend this park because you get to see more of the Irish culture and how people interact here.

Edinburgh:

I took a trip to the capital city of Scotland for a weekend, and I loved it. It was unlike any city I have seen before. As a Harry Potter fan, it was cool to see the city that inspired it. I liked Edinburgh and recommend it because the architecture was very beautiful. I really like the historical feel the city had and the fact that the buildings weren’t modern because that’s what made it unique.

Blackrock Park

Milltown

Edinburgh

5 Responses

1. sangyu07 says:

Hey Tara, the picture of Edinburgh that you posted just reminded me of Harry Potter at first sight! It will be such a cool experience to explore the city. Was there anything else that attracted you the most in the city? I also like the fact that many people take some relaxing time and have lunch together at the park, which will definitely refresh them as they go back to work!

2. Sanjeev Jariwala says:

These pictures look amazing! It must be so cool to experience both a city and countryside lifestyle at the same time. Do you see yourself being in an urban environment back in the United States after your work experience in the city?

3. clove1 says:

I didn’t know that the areas in Harry potter were influenced by the architecture of Edinburgh! It looks like it must have been a really cool and gothic type city to visit. With Milltown, its always great to find a beautiful new place on accident. In Australia, I feel like the best places that I find are the ones that I am not expecting to find or visit, because they usually offer unexpected surprises. Great photos!

4. Shuhan says:

The view of Blackrock Park is so nice. Really need such a serenity because I also work in a busy area in the city. Can’t imagine how relaxing it is if I can just sit on a bench and chat with several friends in the park. People in my company also eat their lunch quickly but I prefer to hang out in the small garden outside the office building after lunch. Hope you can explore more places and have fun!

5. kmscsiri says:

Hi Tara! I had a great time reading your post. It was so interesting to learn about all those places you mentioned in it. I really enjoyed your pictures too. I hope you have a great time in Ireland!