Pre Departure: Spain

Greetings, my name is Vince and I will soon be attending the winter study abroad program in Spain for leading innovation and design in a cross-cultural setting. I am a senior here at UMD, and wanted to study abroad in this particular program to expand my own knowledge and experience in design and business.

Outside of school, I have been able to take my creative skillset and hobbies into opportunity and experience. In the past year I have thrown small events, collaborated with other like minded artists/musicians and even designed with a team some small batches of t-shirts worn by a few big hip hop artists such as Rico Nasty, Chief Keef and Lancey Foux. Due to these small stepping stones, I wanted to take my experience to the next level by learning more about innovation and design in another cultural setting outside of the United States.

I am excited to begin the course with the goals in mind of seeing innovation and design through a different lens, and using what I will experience towards any opportunity back home. Of course in a different culture, the way of life can be drastically different compared to the one you are accustomed to. I have never been to Spain, let alone Europe, so seeing the way they think over there can provide me huge insight on how I can better apply my education towards what I would like to do in a career. Until then, I will prepare myself to be open towards the culture and learning experience that I am grateful to be a part of.