Denmark: Exploring the Most Bike Friendly City in the World

During my introduction week at the Technical University of Denmark (DTU), I learned that 9 out of 10 Danish residents own a bike. There is a bike lane on every major road in Copenhagen and the surrounding cities. I live 5 km (3 miles) away from the DTU campus, so using a bike would make my life the commute very easy. Although it is quite easy to buy a used bike from other students at the university, I ended up renting a bike by paying per month since any mechanical issues can be resolved by the company if needed. The bike contains front and back lights, and a basket in the front. With my bike, I have explored the city of Lyngby, the beach on the coast, as well as a deer park near campus. In the month of February, Copenhagen hosts a light festival where artists put together different works of art using light. Along with some friends, I biked around the city to find some of these sculptures around the city as well as the harbor. The city is relatively flat so biking around is very easy. I can also save money that I would use for public transport and reduce my carbon footprint by using less gasoline.