QUEST Welcomes Program Coordinator Rachel DiDonna

QUEST is happy to welcome a new team member, Rachel DiDonna, to the Quality Guild! A UMD alumna, Rachel graduated from the University of Maryland in 2013 with a bachelor’s degree in History and a minor in Secondary Education. While at Maryland, Rachel was a Vice President for Sigma Alpha Iota, an ambassador for the Honors College, and a member of Sigma Kappa Sorority. After graduating from the University of Maryland, Rachel worked nationally for Sigma Kappa as a traveling staff member. Traveling to different colleges throughout the United States for two years influenced Rachel to want to continue to work in higher education. Therefore, she decided to earn her Master’s in Higher Education at Boston College. Afterwards, Rachel went to Arizona where she worked with Arizona State’s Honors College.

“When I was looking for new experiences and was ready to move back to the east coast, I began to identify a few institutions that would be a good fit for me. After seeing the job posting for QUEST, I liked the idea of the multidisciplinary nature of engineering students, business students, and science students coming together to participate in different course work relating to design and team work. Also, I really liked the idea of the mentors program. As I continued to research the program, I began to feel drawn by nature of the program and its highly motivated individuals.”

Within QUEST, Rachel’s job is to work with internal program operations. She will oversee recruitment, selection, orientation, general QUEST administration, and the QUEST conference. In addition, Rachel will advise three student organizations: QUEST Creative, QUEST Social, and QUEST Recruiting.

We are so excited to warmly welcome Rachel to QUEST! If any QUEST student or alumnus/a finds himself/herself in the QUEST lab, please feel free to drop by Rachel’s office (1407D VMH) and introduce yourself to her! We wish you all the best, Rachel! Welcome to QUEST!